Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 6:21 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 413 vs 440 in a 64 Crown

I have no idea when the 440 is from (I believe the pad that has the stamping is under the AC compressor, and I haven't bothered removing it to find out).

I also have no good reason to do the switch, other than I can get a supposedly good 413 for little more than shipping, and my 440 has been basically unused for the past 7+ years, and will probably need a bit of work to get it back into working order (it used to run OK, I drove it from Port Orchard Washington to Nampa ID about 5 years ago without any problems, however it has only been started sporadically since, and not at all in the past 2.5 years). Since I will potentially need to do work to the engine anyway, I figure if I had a 413 I could get it rebuilt, then drop it in and have a 440 to do something else with (not that I have anything else to do with it, but I imagine if I had it I could find something to do with it).

Mark