IML: Red '60 'Vert on Ebay...and Diamond Back Triple band w/w tires for

IML: Red '60 'Vert on Ebay...and Diamond Back Triple band w/w tires for my '66...

They did spend a lot, but it is not my (old) car.  Exact in every detail
except one...no A/C.  Mine had A/C.  The vents on a '60 look like
the...whatever they are on a ship, some sort of venting holes that usually
you see in old movies.  So I'm not a nautical kind of guy, Starboard, Aft,
whatever.  That's what my oldest brother is for.  He's a Private Yacht
Captain in Miagony, err, I mean Miami, that's it, that is where I spent 11
years growing up.

I was doing a close inspection though, until I noticed the dash.  Gee, whiz,
I had a convertible in Miami, but one with A/C.  You can't drive around in
summer down there with the top down unless you have the A/C going full
blast!  Unless it's winter, then it's OK, but not in summer! Of course, you
do get used to it after a while...just like anyplace.  I drive around here
with the top down if it is sunny and above 45 degrees in winter, heat
blasting, which would make someone who lives in Miami aghast or at least me
when I lived there.

Sorry, not the one I owned, but a dead ringer!

I just got home from Daniel LePlaunt's home in Centralia, WA where I took
his set of 5 Diamond Back Triple Band white walls for a '66, not his '65,
off his hands for Doris.  He got replacements from Diamond Back, but still
took a beating to get them. We spent a nice lunch together, and he got to
admire, not Doris, but Rock.

Thanks Daniel!

Wm. R. Ulman
Seattle, WA
'66 Imperial Crown Convertible Coupe - Doris Day
'95 Buick Roadmaster - Rock Hudson
twolaneblacktop@xxxxxxxxxxx