IML: Could we get back on topic?(was Rubber fuel line question..

IML: Could we get back on topic?(was Rubber fuel line question..

Hello All;
  Could we get off of this kick of comparing fuel prices.
We could bounce back and for with this but this is the Imperial mailing list
not the commodity trader's, socio-economic, or political affairs mailing
list, which is where all of this will lead. Though I am tempted [boy am I as
this was a former hobby of mine] to throw in my $.02 worth but this is not
the time or place. Could we get back to topic "A", Imperial restoration, and
save the other topics for the appropriate parties. This is rather like
complaining to the dentist about your broken TV set.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Tailight bezel and other trim parts.

It's not the metric system that is at fault, although it does take a little
longer to convert to U.S. gallons.  A litre is just another way of measuring
liquids, just as are the American gallon and the Imperial gallon.  The
problem is the rising price of crude which is the result of increasing fuel
demands.

It may seem like the metric system is at fault, but remember the metric
system was introduced in Canada during one of the 1970's gasoline shortages.
The price per Imperial gallon would still have risen to present levels due
to rising crude prices along the federal and provincial taxes that are
geared to the price of crude. .

And you think Winnipeg is bad, try Vancouver.  (Contrart to what many claim,
Winnipeg is a pretty cheap city when it comes to consumer items)  I paid
C$1.049 per litre of 91 octane, which was after PetroCanada's $0.035 per
litre discount.  (My 1983 Imperial does not run on anything less than 91).
Which works out to about $3.63 US per American gallon.   Although the
federal gas tax is the same across the country, the provincial taxes are
not.  Plus here in Vancouver the Greater Vancouver Regional District has a
$0.07 per litre tax.

Bill
Vancouver, BC