Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Rubber fuel line question..

I think people misread your 18 inches as 18 feet, and assumed the eight
bucks bought you a big roll, not a mere foot and a half. Someone has to sell
it in longer lengths!

Chris in LA

On 8/5/05 2:59 PM, Rob P at fristpenny@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I don't know if this is a joke or not... I can't sell the remainder on e-bay
because 18" is nowhere near enough hose. I need more and the stores only
have J30R7. my car is not a "work of art" it's a battered 1982 that I'm
using to learn about fuel injection and get to work. The difference in hose
is $15 v. $108. That's significant in a car that cost $700. The "7" hose is
allegedly made to withstand modern and oxygenated fuels, but the burst
strength is only 175 psi. The "9" hose withstands 900 psi. My car only runs
12-14 lbs of pressure so I don't want to drop the other $100. I attach an
analysis cribbed from a Dodge truck site that took it from Goodyear.

Rob

Goodyear Hysunite Fuel Line/Emission Control Hose - 25 ft.

This Hysunite fuel line/emission control hose from Goodyear is designed
especially for gasohol and later carbureted vehicle applications with high
under-the-hood temperatures. The cover is oil and gasoline-resistant and
withstands exposure to fuel, vapor, moisture, and high heat up to 250
degrees F. The Chemigum rubber tube is specially compounded to resist
gasoline, oil, diesel, and other fuels, while the high-strength synthetic
textile reinforcement brings minimum burst to 175 psi. This hose meets SAE
specification J30R7. PN: GTR-65128
$15.69 from Summit or any parts store (Pep Boys, AutoZone, Checkers, etc.)

Same as above but meets SAE J30R9. Good to 300 F, 900 PSI. This is a higher
quality fuel hose that is commonly called "fuel injection hose" rather than
"emissions hose." It will withstand higher temperatures, has a nicer coating
on the outside and seems like it'll hold more vacuum. Probably "overkill"
for our low pressure system, but it is a nice piece of mind.
PN: GTR-65153 $108.39 from Summit