Re: IML:1950 Limo on Ebay - Military

First of all, this thing is no limo.  If you look closely at the second
picture from the left on the first row you can see into the back area
between the centre door pillar and the front seat.  On Chrysler limousines
of that era the divider would block the view as the divider was a solid
partition behind the front seat that ran from the centre pillar on one side
to the other.  And it had a roll down window to provide complete privacy.
Well, at least verbal privacy.

As well, the rear doors had exterior key locks that were keyed separately
from the front doors/ignition key.  This permited the owner to have sole
access to the rear compartment.

There is a cicular platform on the roof of the car located between the two
rear doors.  But I cannot see how that would be used for a turret.   Also
cannot see any holes through the roof nor any way of attaching anything to
it.  A camera car maybe?

As for production of Chrysler long-wheelbase sedans and limousines :.

Royal 6-cylinder, 8-passenger sedan : 375
Windsor 6-cylinder, 8-passenger sedan : 763
Windsor 6-cylinder, 8-passenger limousine : 174
Crown Imperial 8-cylinder, 8-passenger sedan : 209
Crown Imperial 8-cylinder, 8-passenger limousine : 205

Chrysler also built 8-passenger sedans, but not limousines, in Dodge
(Coronet/Custom) and DeSoto (DeLuxe/Custom) versions plus used the body for
the DeSoto Custom Suburban (which was a 9-passenger sedan) and the DeSoto
Sunshine/Skyview/California taxi models.

(Figures from "Chrysler and Imperial, The Postwar Years")

Bill
Vancouver, BC