Re: IML: Fender mounted turn signals in '66

Re: IML: Fender mounted turn signals in '66

In order to do this, you would have to cut up the stainless steel fender trim on the tops of the front fenders on your car. The leading edge is a cast part, so it isn't likely that it could be successfully modified to accomodate this idea.

Also, due to the design of the front fenders on your car, you would probably have to mount these further back than what would appear correct on your front fenders. The front corners of 1964 through 1966 Imperials can not be unconnected from the rest of the fender (as can '67 & '68) and are not easily accessible from underneath.

I did see a '64 LeBaron once where someone had added these lights from a 1965 Thunderbird. Thunderbird lights are much larger than any Chrysler offered at the time. The installation was less than professional and did not add anything to the look of the car.

You are correct that fender mounted turn signals were not offered on the 1966 Imperial. They were on '68 Imperials and I assume '67 as well.

Paul W.