IML: Fender mounted turn signals in '66

The collection of trivia grows and grows...

Today, I spoke with a fellow '66 owner and asked him whether he had fender
mounted turn signals.  I have them on a '66 Newport and a '66 New Yorker,
and I have seen them on other '66 Chrysler Corp. products.  He said he did
not believe this option was offered on any Imperial from that era.

Looking at the reference material on the web site, I am inclined to believe
that he is correct.  I'll take a look at the FSM's wiring diagrams when I
get a chance to go down in the garage.

Can somebody explain this?  It's not like the treatment would disturb the
car's lines.  They're nearly identical lines to those on the little brother
cars mentioned above.  I love this option soooo much, I've got half a mind
to cannibalize the signals from one of the other cars and mount them on our
newly-acquired '66 LeBaron.

Thanks,

David