Re: IML: AAJ Brakes / Disc Brake conversion

Re: IML: AAJ Brakes / Disc Brake conversion

The AAJ solutions revolve around the smaller 14"
wheels as found on most Chryslers, much to the delight
of our Forward Look Cousins.  The smaller discs are
likely better than the stock drums, but make certain
that you're asking the right questions going into
something like that.

The guy knows his stuff.

I am sitting on stacks of Drums.  I have listed them
on ebay have had had no bites.  I know that they are
relatively slow moving for other vendors, so they are
around.

-Kenyon

--- Lib596@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Has anyone bought and fitted one af AAJ 's disc
> brake conversion kits for  an
> Imperial?
>
> I drive my '61 regularly in and around London which
> involves a great  deal of
> braking and crowded highway conditions. I get a lot
> of problems  with fade
> and hot spots. In addition I have never been happy
> with the single  M/C. I have
> already had one total brake failure due to a
> ruptured pipe and would  rather
> not repeat the experience.  Besides which, I am fed
> up with  searching for
> replacement drums which are often no better than the
> ones I have  had to discard.
> Front dics would solve a lot of these problems.
>
> Before I go and order the parts I wondered if anyone
> else on the list has
> been there and done that?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Tony V