Re: IML: 60 radio gremlins

Actually, on this particular radio the combined Volume Control/On-Off/Tri-level Tone Control is quite delicate. I would suggest against "pulling" on it very hard at all. With a "moderate pull", the knob should come off anyway, as it is simply a press fit. The replacement control is not exactly the same, or as good as the original. If it doesn't clear up with a few light twists from one way to the other, I would leave it to the professional. These radios are not that hard to find, and this control can be removed from a parts radio, but then again, it would also be over 40 years old. I wouldn't take the chance of damaging it.

Paul W.