Re: IML: 60 radio gremlins

Before you do anything, just pull on the knob (pretty hard), and work it back and forth. Sometimes, this will clean corrosion off of the pot pointer, rubbing against the coilled wire in the pot (at least '40s Cadillacs are like this). With luck, it will work as new. Currell

From: "Dave" <Wilkerbeast01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: 60 radio gremlins
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 08:27:43 -0700

Sounds like the Volume potentiometer ("pot") may be dirty. Try a can of tuner cleaner, available at Radio Shack and such places. If you can, use the straw with the cleaner and shoot it down the volume knob shaft to get as close to the "pot" as you can. Work the control back and forth as you shoot. Follow all label instructions. Do not operate heavy machinery.

David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it.
- Harold S. Hulbert