Re: IML: 60 window motor question/look at the wiring

Re: IML: 60 window motor question/look at the wiring

Bad switches can cause the window to operate in only one direction, but it is more likely the wiring.

The wires come apart in the door hinge area. By now, the plastic insulation on those wires is pretty crisp. Once that goes, usually the wire breaks very soon afterward causing the failure. Be careful since some of these wires can short out to ground, or to one another and burn stuff up.

I am pretty sure that if you look closely you will find damaged wiring in your door jambs. each of the front doors has a rubber conduit containing the wires, built into the door jamb. It is held in place with screws on one end (I think door), if it is still intact. The wires can break inside the rubber conduit.

Paul W.