RE: IML: Starter in a '66 Coupe

so that begs the question:

IF, and I say IF, the starter is refusing to engage
the  engine, it would likely be a fault in the teeth
on the torque convertor.

If so, why wasn't that corrected/addressed/caught when
the trans shop rebuilt everything.

Murphy's law says it's something else, so don't go
rock and roll on your trans shop till you're certain,
but this is the line of inquiry that I would follow.

You may have a responsible party in the form of the
trans shop (maybe not, so careful!).

-K