From: Cebuisle2@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:14 PM
Subject: IML: cracking wheelsd

Thanks guys, for the input. It must have been the radial tires I installed
on the 65. Don't remember just when the manufacturer switched from bias
plies to radials-must have been around the mid sixties. As I mentioned, I
solved the problem by installing earlier rims (1955's) on the car for trips.
Never had one crack. Perhaps there was more metal in the earlier wheels.

TED