Re: IML: rear weights on '65s

Counterweights are often used in convertibles, even today, to arrest
vibration that can occur at certain frequencies as a result of the combined
various motions of a running, moving car. It's kind of like tuning a guitar
string by adding tension to it at the ends (or changing its pitch by
pressing on it somewhere in the middle), and it's made necessary by the
reduced rigidity of any vehicle missing a fixed roof structure.

--
Chris in LA
67 Crown