IML: Sweet William's rant

Thanks Kate for the kind words.  No one has called me "Sweet William" in a
long time.  I would love to live in the country, but am fearful I would end
up strung up in a tree by some locals who may not be as enlightened as
yourself.  That may be to much conditioning from TV., and movies, but most
gay men I have known who live outside large cities are pretty closeted.
That ain't me!  I mean, I don't go swishing through town, but if someone
asks, I'll tell 'em.  I mean, my license plates alone, which are such a
tongue in cheek statement: FIT4AQN.  Same reason I will most likely never
see Idaho.  Usually I'm amazed at how many people never just KNOW I'm gay.

I actually like the drive along hwy 2 thru Sultan, Goldbar, and Index.
Index had a huge gay campground resort for years.  I understand the locals
in town were very grateful for all the monies brought in by all the campers.
About 5-10 years ago, I think it was state land, leased at like $1.00 a
year, the lease was lost, and a fund drive was done, and several hundred
thousand dollars was raised to buy land about an hour north.  I'm not sure
where, I never went to either one.  Picture a campground with chandeliers,
and you get a pretty good idea of what it is probably like.

I would, however, love to meet you sometime.  Are you planning on coming
down on Saturday for our first "Meet" in Normandy Park?  Hope so.

Take care,

Bill