Re: IML: Gary Goers Interiors? other sources

Re: IML: Gary Goers Interiors? other sources

Tony,

I was able to find all the correct vinyls through SMS auto upholstry, I believe they can also do the heat line process, give them a try for making the door panels.  I have a great upholstry guy but he's in Kansas.  If SMS can do the door and side panels you could just find someone local to do the seats.  Also, I keep seeing expensive restorations where the seat piping is to fat.  I think I got NOS piping for my Crown through Original Auto Interiors.  I also have info on a residential carpet that looks like the original, if you want black, but has to be custom fitted to the car.

Richard Burgess
'60 Crown, '60 LeBaron

Tony Lindsey <papatony@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been way, WAY out of the actively-restoring end of things for too
long... Too busy building networks, teams and communities. Now, on the
advice of my new therapist, I'm taking time for some selfish pursuits!
:->

The first item on my list is finally getting my '61 Crown convertible's
interior done, and the top installed. Princess Hyacinth's interior has
been a pink/blue/red/white/black patchwork for years, as you can see in
the photo I took yesterday:

When she first arrived in my life, there was NO interior at all (except
for the blue front kick-panel in the picture), so each color came from
at least one other parts-car in the years since 1985.

My goal is to have a luxurious, accurate and swanky red-leather
interior. The ULTIMATE, ideal realization of that goal would be to
have Gary Goers make it for me. I can't afford it, but then, when has
that ever stopped me? :->

I've sent off a Snailmail letter to Gary, along with four bucks for a
catalog, asking him about the possibility for doing my interior.

So, I have some questions, and hopefully the wiser heads on this list
will be able to help me out, since I fear that Gary might be too busy
to take on another project:

- Has Gary ever made a leather (or cloth) interior for you?

- Did it include side-panels?

- What was the cost, and how long ago did it cost that much?

- Does he have the '61 Crown two-door pattern for the swivel seats
nowadays?

- Is there anybody anywhere else who does just as nice a job?

- Is there anybody who makes the factory-style ribbed side-panels for
the 61-62 interiors (using the heated dies), these days? Years ago,
there was somebody in the L.A. area who did, but I lost track of them a
long time ago.

- Is there anything else you can share on the topic, that I forgot to
ask?