IML: '66 Imperial owners manual, Certi-Card, and blue plastic manual hol

IML: '66 Imperial owners manual, Certi-Card, and blue plastic manual holder

Hi All,

I am quite sure I have asked this before, but one day a couple years ago, I
left the top down on my '66 vert at a local park, and when I returned, some
Crack addict had rifled through the glove box, and stole my owners manual,
cover, and the Certi-Card I had placed in the cover for safe keeping rather
then  the card holder under the hood.  Silly me.  The worst was they also
got the original window sticker that was placed in the manual cover
(original price was $72XX and change)

Does anyone have an extra '66 Imp owners manual, and a Certi-Card.  I know
the Certi-Card would not be specific for my car, but who gives a rip.  It's
not like I'm going to pull into my local Mercedes dealer, um, Chrysler
dealer, sorry.  Whip out my Certi-Card and hand it to the Service Manager.
I have pulled into Chrysler dealers before wanting them to work on the car,
and they have "declined" servicing my Imp.  To old, and no one would know
how.  I argue "You built it, you better be able to service it!"  Try it for
laughs sometime.

Anyway if anyone has a manual, at least, and, or a Certi-Card, and cover
they could spare, or sell, that would be just swell, cool, keen, neato,
groovy, far out, nifty, 'bitchin, and any, or all the other 20th century
slang adjectives describing a (Shades of Martha Stewart) "Good thing".

Oh yeah, if anyone knows the whereabouts of the SOB, crack head who stole my
stuff, would you be so kind as to stuff the pin-head firmly through filler
tube into the gas tank of a '71 - '74 Pinto and either rear end them with a
large expendable GM or even another useless Ford product and blow their
sorry thieving ass up.  Since it would be Pinto, you may just be able to
kick it with a steel toed work boot, and it will blow up.  I would be
forever grateful!  Thanks!

Just for the record, I am NOT getting older, I'm getting bitter.  I fully
expect that in the next few years I will be standing on my front porch
dressed in a full length black outfit, cameo around my throat, hair pulled
up into an over tight bun, shaking a broomstick at passing children, and
yelling "You kids stay away from my Petunia's!"  I then will most likely
need to go inside and feed my 87 cats.  Laugh if you will, but I damn sure
will still have in my driveway, a '66 Midnight blue metallic, white
pearlescent leather interior & top Imperial Crown Convertible Coupe.  I will
only drive it to the pet store to buy kitty kibble by the drum, and cat
litter by the pallet.  Then a quick swing over to a school zone, and punch
it WOT up to about 90 mph to blow some carbon (and maybe a few
whippersnappers) off the valves.  Of course I will be so shrunken by this
time, all anyone will see is my finely coiffed, bleached blond hairdo, and
boney ass knuckles adorned with exquisitely fine rings of assorted precious
gem stones (if it's not Spring, and I'm not wearing my Jackie Kennedy petite
white gloves), clutching my still perfect translucent pearl colored
(coordinated with the interior) Tilt-O-Scope steering wheel.  Then home to
my 17 foot garage, and pull the car in and wait a few more moments to finish
listening to Julie London sing "Cry Me A River" emitting from my state of
the art transistor, 4 watt AM radio, sighing deeply, and reminiscing about
the bygone good old days when cars ran on gas, and were bigger than a clock
radio.  Then get out and with arthritic arms grab the rope hanging from the
garage door handle that I now need to gently pull the garage door down over
the trunk of my 20 foot long Imperial.

Well, that all being said, I must be off now for a second cup of coffee, a
cigarette, a boatload of psychotropic meds, a quick shower, then off to
work, where I will take great joy in rejecting someone's $900.00 expense
report for lack of a $2.00 parking receipt.

Have a great day everyone!

Bill Ulman
Seattle, WA
'66 Crown Convertible Coupe - Doris Day