IML: 58 Imperial in "Eve's Bayou"

I have mentioned this before but there is a pink 58 four door hardtop that is featured very prominently in "Eve's Bayou," (1997) which is set in Louisiana. It belongs to a list member. The car, in the movie, is owned by the doctor father, played by Samuel L. Jackson, of the main character, a little girl. Again this is quite a good movie in and of itself and the use of the Imperial is quite inventive. The father is a serial philanderer. At some point, the daughter goes looking for him and finds him in a bar because his car is outside. There is also a significant scene filmed within the car itself, when one of the daughters leaves home and the film really shows the distance between the driver and the occupants of the rear seat.

Isn't it good, in passing, that these great cars are finding their way into movies? There is a section on the web site that features any number of clips of them, though not this one yet. There may be more than one volunteer responsible for this but the ones that I know of are Mike and Chris Trettin. Thanks guys! How else would I know that the best way to spot the school ne'er do well was tooling around in a conspicuously lovely 58 convertible in "High School Confidential."

Click here for the main Imperial movie page:

http://www.imperialclub.com/Movies/index.htm

Hugh