Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:00:59 -0600
From: dardal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Sagging in old age   (was: '67 LeBaron update)
Quoting Dick Benjamin <dickb@xxxxxxxxx>:

<snip>

Here is a question.  When my mechanic rebuilt the transmission the last
time on my LeBaron, he said that he ran out of adjustment in the driver
side torsion bar, but the other had plenty of threads left (he had to
remove the cross member that the torsion bar attaches to remove the
transmission).  That looks fishy to me.  I am wondering, is it possible
that he missed the hex location on the cross member by one flat (I guess
that would be 60 degrees) and that's why he had to tighten it all the
way?  He says if you miss a flat, you will never be able to put it on.
Any thoughts?  It has been a while since I reinstalled torsion bars on
my other 68.