Re: IML: frusteration

Being more than a little "under hood" challenged myself, I guess the first thing I would do is tweak down the idle and throw a timing light on it...I wonder if the distributor got snugged down.

Dave
67 Haze Green Sedan
Covington, Wa.
 and after I have driven it and i put it back into park the engine races and then i go to shut off the ignition and it goes clunk clunk clunk before the car shuts down. What the hell is this? Ive never had this problem before! I hate not being an expert in this subject. I remember I rebuilt the engine myself and then i tried to hand turn the crankshaft and it wouldnt budge. so I took it in to a shop and told me I had practically put the whole engine together backwards...dammit I love auto mechanics but I dont know relativley much about it.

Brandt
Lake Forest, CA
1963 Le Baron