Re: IML: More information on Gasoline Instant heaters

Re: IML: More information on Gasoline Instant heaters

Hi Dick!
imagine this!
Me helping you learn something about an old car!
I never thought it could happen!
(In fact I am not sure it can) ;-)
Anyway I have a few things which may be of help..

1. I have my 59 imp with the system intact in the
garage at my mothers home a few blocks from here so I
could provide picts/part numbers etc. if that would
help.

2.  A friend of mine made an educational video for
"the king of Southwind heaters" for the local VW Van
club in Kansas City and he presented an extended
training on em and I have his handouts, (25ish pages)
and his contact info (I can get it from my friend) and
possibly a video about the repair procedures.)

3. Roy Bratz gave us a ton of info about his imps's
southwind  heater rebuilding which should be of
interest.
http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Accessories/56gasheater/

4. I believe the 58 or 59 canadian version of the
Chrysler service manuals have more info about it and
with a little luck, I think I have one in the
basement.

5. it is a borg warner system and at least some
components have the borg warner tag.  Also last I knew
they still had some info about it when I contacted
them around 8 years ago.  (some parts were still
available oddly enough)

Any of that of any help to you?  Wnat of these things
would be of most value to you for me to investigate
further??

All the best,
Jeff