From: "Chad Smith" <hemi_powered@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Carpet Sets and Interior Fabrics
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:04:02 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C4AC5D.5ACAE980

Ok, I understand.  I like the idea of using original fabrics, but here =
is the problem.  I do a lot of my own upholstery, but I do not want to =
do the Imperial because, well, I want it to be perfect, and if I pay =
someone and it isn't right....they can fix it.  If I screw it up, I =
couldn't deal with it...not at $45.00 per yard.  But, this crack shot =
upholstery guy I have was complaining about the thickness of my vinyl =
that I had originally purchased being to thin, and not durable enough.  =
So, I requested the samples from SMS.  Wow, perfect match...but, much =
thinner fabric and vinyl than I already had purchased.   The upholstery =
guy is telling me that he will do the job, but that the vinyl and fabric =
are so thin (which is true), that they will not hold up long.  Honestly, =
I don't want to be looking to re-do the interior again in the near =
future, or decade even.  I live in the desert portion of Washington =
State behind the rain shadow of the Cascades and what we get the most of =
is sun....vinyl baking sun.  So, that is why I am searching for some =
guidance on this one.   ARGH!

Secondly, since you are familiar with SMS's fabrics, have you checked =
their carpet sets?  They say that they are factory correct, but I have =
not seen them yet, and the samples that they sent me were for fabrics =
only.  I know that the original carpet wears like iron, as even after 45 =
years, the carpet is the only thing in the interior that is worth much.  =
Input on the carpet sets there would be appreciated if anyone has any =
knowledge of SMS's carpet kits.

Thanks much!

Teresa