EFI starting problems (was-still is : Fuel line check valve)

EFI starting problems (was-still is : Fuel line check valve)

>From: "Dick Benjamin" wrote: snip
>If you have not done so, I think it's time to check the compression on this
>engine.

No problem Dick, sometimes I forget my own questions...

Why do you think I should run a compression test?  The car runs fine and
doesn't burn oil.  It just takes some time to start.  If you have been
driving it and shut it off for a second or two it will usually start
immediately.  Only two big problems I had were on HOT days after a stop of
between a half hour and an hour.  For these reasons and the aftermarket fuel
pump sucking fuel UP through the inactive in-tank pump, I suspect a fuel
line problem.  Would compression affect the starting, but let it run this
well?

Thanks again,
Rob