Magnum/TNT exh. manifolds

Hey D2,

I won't argue that selling cars was of primo importance, even to Mopar.  My
'cuda has enough "image" see the hockey stick stripe, fake hood scoops and
pistol grip shifter. My point was that they didn't market the 440 Magnum to
that market. The Hemi and the 6 pack were to bring in that market.  Other
than the orange paint and the pie pan my engine looks pretty sedate.  I'm
sure that many little things on the car were not done mainly for image: see
dual snorkle air cleaner, windage tray, power steering cooler, etc.

The windage tray is good for hp too, especially at higher revs.  There are
countless magazine articles touting this "free" horsepower.  By keeping oil
off the crank the engine has a little more power. Of course this increases
proportionally as the revs go up, so those of us that drive "Imperially"
-not D2!! probably won't see any real benefit.  I think they are worth maybe
5 hp. Somebody here probably knows the figure-Mikey? Dave Grove?  IIRC, you
can't feel any hp change of less than 12 hp, so we wouldn't probably notice.

Rob