COOOOOL Imperials! and invite to a meet?

COOOOOL Imperials! and invite to a meet?

Hello all, just adding the bit I have learnt about the cooling of all Mopar
Big Blocks over the years in the  Heat here in OZ, I have found that the
Major cause in most cases of over heating is because the core of the
Radiator is blocked with rust scale, the Big Block Mopars seem to always
have it even if the Block has been acid dipped and flushed. I have found
that the easy solution is the so called SOCK that fits into the upper tank
and is held in place buy the top hose, it looks to be made from some sort of
nylon, it is a tough heat proof gause that catches any scale and stops it
blocking the core, very simple but it works a treat. Of course you do need
to keep the original Steel Fan, basicly the more Blades the better, and a
good Fan shround is a real bonus, makes all the air from the fan be drawn
through the radiator instead of going around the side, so there you have it,
aside from things like leaking head gaskets and rotted fins on the radiator
and no thermastate I have found the above to be the main heating causes
inBig Blocks, regards George.