56 AC/ Ed's 64 Convert.

Hi all! Took my Jensen Convert to a Brit Car show today, I also had to rewire manual switches to override faulty microswitches & wiring between relays to make top action dependable, but agree  that ATF is the hydraulic fluid used in the convert hydraulic system for the power top. Jensen also used Chrysler hydraulic rams.  On the Jensen the tubing is hard plastic lines -leaks are pretty obvious, getting to the lines is another story.  But manually operating the pump is a 1st step to determing the effectiveness of the system.

On the 5 AC front (Tony), I bought today a complete test kit with glasses, dyes, light etc for a whopping $45- a good investment. Wish my 56 Dodge had AC, but I I have become pretty good at converting R-12 to R134a systems and retrofits. Anytime you have remote units or components-there are lots of connections- these must be located first and then each checked for leaking. sometimes oil will leave a trace-- just my experience with Jags & Jensens which use GM & Chrysler components from the 60's and 70's...

Sherman Taffel
Columbia MD
'In Search of' ---Imperial