66 Imperial clock

I got the clock on my 72 working by cleaning it and, also, dressing up the
points as they were burnt pretty bad. Seems that when the points touch the
instant voltage(12V) kicks the lightly weighted arm back(which has one side
of the points contact attached to it) which winds the clock. After 30 years
of this the points were not too clean. Very crude but effective system.

Robin Giesbrecht

>From: Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: IML: 66 Imperial clock
>Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:49:57 -0700 (PDT)
>
>A search of the archives brought this up.
>
>http://archivesearch.imperialclub.com/archives/msg83759.html
>
>I suggest looking farther down the list (you'll have to do your own search)
>for more info.
>Club website-->Archive Search-->search the IML archives.
>

>This is a tremendous resource, and it's like getting instant replies to
>your questions, instead of waiting for the list to respond.
>
>-Kenyon
>

>Dodd GS07 David J <DoddDJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>The clock on my 66 has gone dead.  When I first got the car in 99 it was
>dead but I put some liquid graphite inside and it started working.  Anyone
>have an extra one or know where I can get one.  Ebay has nothing.
>
>thanks
>
>dave
>

>Kenyon Wills
>http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Kenyon/Page01.htm
>http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1964/Kenyon64/
>http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1970/Kenyon1970/index.htm
>http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1973/Wills/index.htm

MSN Premium helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*