From: <RandalPark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: IML: 413 S-41

> The '62 engine will not fit due to the change in the transmission. I
believe that this resulted in a different flange on the end of the
crankshaft.

> Paul
>
> In a message dated 4/4/2004 2:31:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
luzil@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> > Hello Tim !
> >
> > The S-41 code means that the engine is a 1962, it could have originally
been in a Chrysler or an Imperial. The major differences between 60' & 62'
is another brakebooster and the change to an aluminium housing on the
Torqueflite. This can give you a problem connecting the turbine to the
crankshaft but I'm not sure.

> > good luck
> > Ulf Silfwerplatz
> > 60 conv
> > 62 coupe

numbers and what will work in my 1960. I picked up a 413 (ID S-41) at Lowell
Howell today. The engine is in great shape. The rockers have no sludge build
up at all nor does the valley . Will this one work with out changing
anything on the engine? What will I have to change? I know I will have to
hook up my generator set up. I had to hook up a new hard drive tonight and
have lost everyone's e-mail address plus all the old e-mails I had saved. So
I will be building my contact