IML DIGEST

Hello everyone,
     Digging further into the 400 ci engine on my 78
NYB to reveal the timing chain, I am having trouble
getting the water pump/housing off.  After removing
the bolts holding the pump housing to the block, the
whole thing is stuck.  Is it supposed to come off with
some puller?  I have banged and prised(as the Brits
say) and heated the housing with a small torch(but
maybe not heated it enough?), but it is stuck.  I've
been hesitant to apply too much force or heat...
    Any suggestions?
   BTW, I learned by doing it that the only way I
could get to the crank pully was to remove the fan
from the end of the water pump.
   Thanks for any advice.

Bruce S
69 coupe