RandalPark@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 6:55 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: IML DIGEST

The power steering preassure hose is hard to mess up. They are made
special for your car, so when you buy one it is usually going to be made
out of the right stuff.

The return hose is just a length of hose that LOOKS like regular old
heater hose, but isn't. I think it may be 5/8" but I can't remember. The
size is easy enough to check, the point is, get the correct kind of hose
by explaining that it is for the power steering. They may sell you fuel
line, which should be okay, only more expensive, as long as it is the
correct size. Heater hose doesn't work.

You need a press to remove and re-install the pulley. If you don't have
the tools, why not just buy a rebuilt one with the pulley already on it.
If you have to buy a rebuilt one without the pulley, take it and your
old pump to a machine shop and they will put your old pulley on the new
pump for you.

If the seals are shot it is probably time to replace the pump anyway. I
had one fail that never leaked a drop, or made a sound. It just quit
working.

Paul