whats the difference between 55 and 56 rear tail light assemblies?

whats the difference between 55 and 56 rear tail light assemblies?

The 1955 and 1956 tail light asms are different, actually most all of the parts are unique even the access to the gas caps are unique.  Adding fins in 1956 drove some of these changes but who knows why they had to change the lens.  Eagle front and back asms are also different but the crest inserts were common as I did use a 1956 crest on my 1955 rear eagle asm.  A common mistake on e-bay is to assume that these parts were common for the 2 years.

Don Dickinson
Prospect, KY

1955 Imperial Newport, Canyon Tan and Desert Sand
1967 Imperial Custom Convertible, Ivory and Burgundy