1929 Imperial

Thanks for the support I have recieved in the last couple of days....

When I bought my car amongst the many things that was missing was the cylinder head... in order to get one I had to buy a complete tranche of spares from New Zealand....this included 2 red heads!  In fact if I can find a chassis frame I nearly have enough bits to build another car!

My car is now bored to +60 thou and because I have been unable to find the correct carburettor I will be using twin bronze bodied SU carbs of the correct period and with a little attention to the combustion chambers I hope my car will produce nearer 125 hp and with the highest back axle ratio which was available (again courtesy of New Zealand) I hope to cruise comfortably on British Motorways at the legal limit with lots in reserve!

The car is now in the paint shop.....and then has to be trimmed so realistically I wont be using it until next year..thenI will find out if I like it too!

I beleive that there are probably less than 24 L*80's in the world out of a production of c2400, but one thing I have learnt in the old car world...never be specific as someone can generally prove you wrong!

Regards

Nigel Plant