63 413 ballast

I assume that Chrysler is the same set up as GM. I believe that all ignition coils are 6 volt. Your ballast resister knocks the 12 volt to six volts while the car is running. During cranking you have a wire that runs from the starter circuit that goes to the coil and gives the coil 12 volts during cranking only. This way you get full spark during cranking. I could be wrong, but don’t think so. Anyone see a 6 volt car with a resister? Sooo! After all this, I would say if you are questioning the resister, bypass it for a test. Don’t let it run to long. If it starts and runs, you have a problem in the resister. If it still does not run, something else is the problem. You could also test the resister with a volt meter. 12 volts one side, 6 volts the other. During crank 12 volts on both sides.

1970 Imperial

and a couple of street rods