The truth about stainless and flash plating

The truth about stainless and flash plating

Hey everyone, I have been Googling around the internet and found more than I ever wanted to know about stainless.  Google: " Flash Chrome Plating", and then down to "The Truth About Stainless".  They show you the yellow cast I was mentioning once I had buffed through my chrome.  I have e-mailed several plating companies that say they do flash plating so we'll see what I hear back.  Apparently every off road truck accessory out there is chrome plated stainless so I at least know it is still a common practice.  Generally, the process seems to be used today to prevent wear on mechanical parts vs. making our cars pretty.  However, some of the companies I contacted mentioned automotive trim.   Even these discussions we are having on this subject are in the Google finds!  I will let you all know what I find out....and if I find a source to replate the six or so parts I want done.

Richard Burgess
'60 "LeCrown"

Do you Yahoo!?