Chrome Plated Stainless

Hi everyone,
What is the process for reapiring stainless that has been heat damaged? I
have a 1951 Imperial convertible that has damage to the windshield trim.
Anyone know of a safe process or good shop to fix this problem? The rust
spots are coming out now and I can not find replacement trim for my car.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Cord Scott.
neezer78@xxxxxxxxxxx