IML DIGEST

From: "Currell Pattie" <currellpattie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Even at This Late Date
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 01:22:15 -0500

Ken: Do you simply accept his comment in silence? (Just asking...).

No. I told him that taste is subjective. Then I noted that I loved my '68
Charger R/T immensely as a teenager and young man. But now I was ready for a
grown man's car. Another employee laughed a bit, but the one I was dealing with
just shook his head. But as some of our fellow Imperialists noted, I did get
the fuel pump I needed. I now recall that he also said something about
Imperials having "screwy constant velocity U-joints" that were never worth the
trouble. I would think the constant velocity joints like the ones in my Crown
would relieve some of the
driveline stress and strains better than the conventional U-joint set up.
Especially when the car is heavily loaded. As a child, I remember our family
taking long road trips with four to six people onboard with a trunk packed full
of luggage, etc.

As ironic as it seems, I still like the old Mopar muscle cars and always will.
But I have always liked the large American land yachts, particularly the
offerings of both Mopar and GM.

By the way, I also own a '72 Satellite Sebring that my folks bought new on
October 11, 1971. It rides well for a mid size car, but never approached the
ride a D body can offer.

For the record, I do remember a family friend looking over my dad's '68 Imp
when it was new. He told us that he would never buy another Imperial because
they went to that "worthless" unibody construction starting in '67 and that it
"cheapened" the car.

Heck, opinions are like rib cages...we all have 'em

Ken Josephson
Las Vegas, Nevada
'68 Crown