55 dash pad

Having owned a 55 and having had the dash pad replaced I must comment on the seam in the center of the dash. I too thought that this was not the proper dash covering for the car, but before I had it replaced I was fortunate enough to have found a 1955 Imperial Brochure that show's a number of pictures of the dash, all of which have a seam in the center that is covered with a matching 1" piece of leather. They also have what is called a french seam on the very ends where the dash curves.

Imperial less Joe