From: "Brad Hogg" <roadhogg@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1990 Imperial Electrical Issue

I took the switch out but that yielded me nothing as I can test the
electrical connections to it just as well with it in the car.  I learned
something though.  Taking the switch out is a snap...three of those little
tamper proof screws and off it comes.  Putting it back in requires some
finnese however.  You need to align both the column lock paul and the shift
lever lock paul while reinstalling the switch.  This is not impossible, you
just need to be aware of the fact that it is necessary.

What I found was the three wires in the middle of the long connector have no
power to them when the car is running.  I am still waiting on a diagram to
know what these wires do.