From: "Bill Watson" <wwatson@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: IML: The Alphabet Soup of Designations

Yes, the wheelbase of the 1990-1993 Fifth Avenue and Imperial, as they used
the same body, was 109.3".  The wheelbase of the C-body Dynasty and New
Yorker was 104.1".   The extra length was in the rear doors.

If memory serves me correctly, the Fifth Avenue shared the front and rear
styling with the New Yorker Landau/Salon, while the Imperial used a
different rear end (horizontal taillamps) and a front end theme that was
taken from  the 1981-83 Imperials.

Overall length of the C-body New Yorker Landau was 193.6" in 1990, while the
Fifth Avenue was 198.6" and the Imperial came in at 203.0".

Bill
Vancouver, BC