not starting

i have seen cars with this problem and it turned out to be bad battery cables, with either the positive or ground being bad. check them their entire length from the battery to the starter and the batt. to ground. take the ground off and be sure it has a good connection even where you cannot see it and you think it looks good. it is always nice when it turns out simple, but that often is not the case. my father owned a GTO years ago and the positive cable ended up with so much corrosion about half way to the starter where you did not easily notice it that the cable swelled up and split the insulation. it would be hard to start in wet weather and when it was hot you would have to let it sit about a half hour and it would start right up.     dennis