I promised to wrap up the evaluation and establish a web page on the Imperial site, for my disk brake retrofit on my 1967 Imperial by November 15.  To remind you, this retrofit included using 1973 Imperial spindle and single piston caliper with Camaro disks. This was providing I did not have a glitch in road testing/teardown analysis.  There was a glitch, A bearing failed (rollers loose/fell out of retainer).

Root cause of failure: Spacers were required to space out both front and back bearing sets in the rotor hub for proper fit to the spindle.  Insufficient clearance (ID too small) was allowed for proper bearing operation (binding) causing the bearing failure.

Corrective action: Replace spacers with corrected spacers and new bearings.

As I have previously stated, I will not summarize this project until I am satisfied that there is no safety or quality issues involved.  As far as the brakes themselves there has been absolutely no issues (with a lot of brake testing) during my 800 road miles.

With the onset of winter not far away I will not wrap up until this spring as I want to put on 1000 miles of trouble free driving.  I will, though, answer anyones questions off-line, on any portion of this retrofit.