Quality of the 1957 Imperial

It might have been nice for Chrysler's styling to have been two years in
front of where it was, but I think most people here agreed that the rush job
on the '57s is what caused many of the quality control issues. Also a
perception that Imperial and Mopar styling was behind by the mid-late 60s
may rise from Engel coming over from Ford.  This made the clean new Mopars
more similar in style to older Ford products.

Rob

PS I think Chryslers deserved much of their reputation as "rusters."
Remember the Aspen/Volare actually had a rust related recall, with Ma Mopar
providing new front fenders for free.

Is your computer infected with a virus?  Find out with a FREE computer virus
scan from McAfee.  Take the FreeScan now!