1965? Valve Cover Stickers

--- Jeff Ingraham <jeff_ingraham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   I have been intrigued by this since you 2 started
> mentioning them.
> I can find no picts of a 65 with the sicker on the
> valve cover including my unrestored well cared for
> 65 coupe or my 65 Ghia, except a 65 with the valve
> cover sticker on the motor trend article listed
below.

Jeff -- My (VERY) unrestored '65 Imperial LeBaron had
the original IMPERIAL stickers on the valve covers
when I got the car.  You can see them in the engine
pictures at
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/65lebaron/65ImperialPhotos.html.
 Notice that the sticker on the driver's side valve
cover has slid out of place -- so all you can see is a
corner of the silver foil.  But the other one is still
clearly visible in the correct position.

This car shows 89K on the odometer, which I believe to
be correct, and nothing appears to have been tinkered
with (other than the '64 Imperial scripts on the
fenders).  So I believe these stickers are original to
the car.

Maybe it's a "LeBaron thing"?  ;o)

Elijah

=====
-- "My samoyed is smarter than your honor student."