1974 IMP. /Towing problem Electrical

My first guess would be taht when the guy at the rental place taped into your wiring, he got the gas gauge instead of what ever the was after.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 1:56 PM
Subject: IML: 1974 IMP. /Towing problem Electrical

I rented a uhaul trailer and headed to VA to move some equipment , I happened to look down at gas gauge it was pegged hard right after reaching destination I unplugged electrical connection to the trailer and left trailer hitched up the gas gauge worked okay , plugged electrical connection back up gas gauge pegged.
Any body know why????
Roger Cooper CLT NC