Re:Spam? No. (was BILLBOARDS)

Bob and everyone else interested...

There have now been 4 times as many messages bringing
up this subject as the original message.  Don wrote it
early this morning and within a few minutes I wrote
him OFF LIST saying it was inappropriate.  Then  MANY
HOURS ago don wrote back and apologized and said he
had indeed sent it by mistake.
That SHOULD have been the end of it.
But now there have been 4 (counting mine because I am
tired of it) messages complaining about it and
BRINGING IT UP AGAIN for discussion and keeping us
from talking Imperials!

Instead of writing and publicly "flogging" folks who
make a small mistake, we impcops write to the person
or persons involved OFF the list in an effort to keep
it from being more of a problem then it is.

One note.  the messages to the IML are not read and
then posted before they are sent.  Tony used to do
that and it is what wore him out and resulted in him
leaving the list.  Basically an insurmountable task
given the volume of messages on the IML.
So you are seeing messages at the same time as we are.
  It makes it possible for off topic messages to slip
through and is why we try to jump in asap after the
fact before it goes round and round as this one has.

PLEASE if anyone has problems with messages and feels
they should be acted upon, write me or any member of
the admin group and we will take care of it in
private.
We are not perfect and at times things can slip by us
but on the whole I think things roll along pretty
smoothly given how many of us there are.
Anyway if someone is emailed about an issue, it is in
private so the whole list does not have to press the
delete key a dozen extra times.   Please do not
mistake no more messages on an off topic post as
inaction by the moderators.
It really is the best way to keep things Imperial
related and civil and to keep from having hurt
feelings in our very public forum.
Now please lets move on!
Jeff ingraham Moderator