brake release and Elec. ignition questions

brake release and Elec. ignition questions

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the re-posting, but I was dropped from the list on Wednesday just after I posted a question to the group, our main SERVER here crashed and consequently I never saw any of the mail or replies from the Club. I'm sorry to have to re-post this, and having to ask those of you who offered advice, if you wouldn't mind sending the mailing-list another quick note to answer my '77 NYB brake release question:

my '77 NYB 440 seems to be having a case of sticky emergency auto-brake release, it eventually pops up, but sometimes I have to go back and fourth between Park and Drive 4 or 5 times before it will release.......... has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone know an easy-fix ????

I finally got the roof on my house sealed, and I fixed the leaky skylight, so now I can work on my cars again, before the COLD COLD weather and RAIN decends.

( Leslie, my 20 bucko's is on it's way !!!, THANKS for getting me back on the list !!!!)

and now, here's a BONUS question, for all those learners (like myself) who have a million questions and not ENUF answers: I would like to take the points out of an older engine (brand X) and install HEI or electronic ignition so I don't have to deal with replacing points anymore (way in the back of the engine behind the CARB )......What bits and pieces do I need to buy besides a new distributor to complete the installation ???

THANKS to everyone for reading this....... THIS IS A GREAT CLUB !!!!

BEST WISHES, HAPPY Halloween, have a SUPER WEEKEND !!!

-Michael Howlett

-Boring, Oregon

One man shop of Horrors

Send instant messages to anyone on your contact list with MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now FREE!