:booster vacuum problems

I am delighted to take the correction with regards to vacuum.  In fact, it
makes my life a little easier for a different reason.

However, my advice still stands, I think.  Fixing something that is not the
problem makes no sense when there are viable ways to find out what the
problem really is.  I maintain that problems on two cylinders only, numbers
four and six, are unlikely to be caused by the booster.

I have the same unit.  My engine ran fine without any brakes when the
booster unit failed because the vacuum tank was fine.  The booster unit
would not retract when the brakes were applied but vacuum in the tank was
constant otherwise.  If the tank is at fault, or the hoses, then it is not
the booster unit.  It could be a valve within the booster unit.  Or, it's
something else.  If the engine cannot create sufficient vacuum in the tank,
fixing the booster unit will take time, money, effort and disruption and
achieve nothing.

Hugh