Imperial adverstising

Dear Clay,

Very cool.  Yes, they did advertise a lot of cars that way, probably
including Imperial, back when everybody smoked.  But I do not know if
this was done by Ross Roy, Inc.  (I think that was the name of the
company that did all of Chrysler Corp.'s advertising), or the local
dealers.

Cars were also heavily advertised in National Geographic, as well as
several other publications like Time, Newsweek, Life, etc.  Particularly
around the time of the new model "roll out," which usually took place in
mid-to-late September.  If you check issues around that time every year
you will find lots of ads.  But in my opinion the ones in Nat'l
Geographic are some of the prettiest and the best.  They were almost
always high quality color and not, to my knowledge, duplicated in any
other publication.

However, the prices people charge for these ads today are kind of silly,
sometimes.  You could go out and buy a whole Nat'l Geographic
collection, practically, and cut the ads out yourself for the price of
3-4 of these ads (in some places).

Mark