'66 dash and interior trim removal--please help!...

'66 dash and interior trim removal--please help!...

Dear list-
A month or so ago I put this question out there but got no responses.  Maybe
somebody can help me?  I'm restoring a '66 crown convertible, white/light
blue and am having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to remove the
bottom two driver's trim panels and the woodgrained trim piece immediately
to the left of the dash cluster.  The bottom pieces are the vinyl covered
ones to the left and right of the metal steering column cover (underside).
I got the small trim piece off on the left (the piece that flatly faces the
door panel when the door is closed), and was able to get the lower nut off
the backside of the woodgrained trim piece that way but how do I get the top
nut off???  I've also taken a few nuts off the bottom two trim pieces and
removed the four (two each side) phillips flathead machine screws off the
bottom of these pieces but they still do not budge.  I dropped the steering
column and removed the metal trim bezels for the switch clusters but still
no access.  What am I not seeing?
Thanks

Tom
'66 Crown convertible and '42 DeSoto Custom