oil sending unit removal

Most of the replacement oil sending units for gauge equipped cars have a
square shaped part at the top of the threaded stem or nipple that threads
into the block, you cant see it well because of the bell shaped portion of
the sender is above this part.  As I recall they are about 1/2 inch square.
On a 383/400/413/440 if you get  the air cleaner out of the way and situate
yourself just so you can see how they are built.   A shortie wrench will
usually do the trick.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe